Monday, November 26, 2007

Set Your Love As A Firey Seal Upon My Heart

This . . .
My daughter-in-law Lee Ann was complaining about a hiccup attack she was having. So I quietly walked up to her and then suddenly yelled as loud as I could right in her face. After she got up off the ground, she didn't hiccup again. I never really believed that scaring someone would keep them from hiccupping, but now I wonder.
.
That . . .
I just ate a bon-bon. It was delicious. Make that two - both delicious.
.
This is That . . .
Song of Solomon 6:8
Set me as a seal upon your heart,
As a seal upon your arm;
For love is as strong as death,
Jealousy as cruel as the grave;
Its flames are flames of fire,
A most vehement flame.

.
What are you most pasionate about?
Where does passion come from?
What makes you cry?
.
My sister Jeanette and her husband Brian renewed their marriage vows over this past Thanksgiving week-end, after 25 years of marriage. Then various family members spoke blessings over them; and then we sang a choral arrangment of an Irish Blessing to them. I was all about singing, but I could only get out a few notes because of the emotions welling up inside of me.
This is not an unusual thing, I am definately a weeper. Feelings of love and being loved are strong emotions, bringing great joy if experienced in a positive way, and great sadness if that love is something only longed for.
For me, loving God and experiencing his love most often brings tears.
I embrace those moments.
I want Jesus to be the one I am most passionate about.
.
And so I pray, Jesus, . . .
Come and set your love as a flame upon my heart.
I long to love you even as the Father has loved you.
Give me a passion for your name.
Set your love as a firey seal upon my heart.

No comments: