Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Biggest Day

This . . .
A really cold, really good watermelon, is really good.
On my way home last night, I had a watermelon in the passenger seat.
My car kept beeping, warning that the watermelon didn't have a seat belt on.
Obviously, a watermelon is not a person.
What a dumb car.
On the other hand I guess an accident could cause the melon to projectile thru the front window and strike an unknowing person in the head.
Maybe that's what the car was thinking?
.
That . . .
Try to think of the most important day or days of your life.
Being born is pretty big.
I received Jesus when I was five - really big.
I can think of several noteworthy days in high school, sports, etc.
The day I got married was certainly important.
My children's birthdays.
.
This is That . . .
The biggest day for each of us?
Seeing Jesus face to face.
Looking into his eyes and realizing how loving, merciful and kind he is.
And then fully knowing our missed opportunities to live a life more devoted to Him.
I believe it will be a great and wonderful day, but also a day of regret.
Why didn't I live a life more devoted to Him and the desires of his heart?
I know how much He desires my heart to be wholehearted towards Him.
The minutes, hours, days, months and years go by.
Good intentions, but much time wasted.
Oh, that I would love Him more and more.
.
What about you?
.

No comments: