Sunday, August 13, 2006

This . . .
Sometimes I feel like a nut . . . You know, a radical believer in Jesus. Gun ho, wholehearted, Devil come out or I'm coming in after you, faster than a fiery dart, able to leap tall obsticals with a single prayer, full of love for Jesus, confident in his love for me, single minded, focused on the heart of God, eagerly pursuing all of his purposes, the fullness of his love overflowing into the lives of everyone I meet, radically in love with Jesus.
.
That . . .
Sometimes I don't.
Jesus - don't let me drift too far. Keep me where you are. Where I will always be with you.
Truth is an arrow and the gate it is narrow - that it passes thru.
(Bob Dylan}
When you seem so far away, still I'm here to say, I am yours Lord. I am yours.
Have your way Lord, have your way.
.
This is that . . .
My son Elliott is a nut today. I pray that he will always be one.
Elliott - take up your harpoon, seek and destroy that which is lost, and giggle away as you run into the forest. I love you.

5 comments:

Jerry James said...

I made myself cry.

tarah said...

You make me smile:-)

Anonymous said...

We have a nutty family, and I have a feeling that we are only going to get nuttier.

McDreamy said...

i love y'all. you are what i hope to have.

p said...

I second elliot's post!!! But you guys are pretty dang cool!