Monday, July 17, 2006

This . . .
I tried to make an entry earlier and was totally uninspired. Then I went to bed and read the 4th chapter of James (a distant relative) and began to pray and meditate. Then I couldn't sleep because of what I saw in the scripture. Now I'm up blogging.
.
That . . .
If God's not happy and you don't know it, pray that the Holy Spirit will slap you upside the head and wake you up.
If God's isn't smiling and you know it, you will be REALLY miserable and that's a good thing.
.
This is That . . .
.
So what makes God smile?
.
Submit yourself unto God.
God, I am yours. Take me like silly putty without the silly and form me in your hands. Like a really soft pillow, shape me just right so that we can both snuggle and be really comfortable together. Jesus . . . I am yours.
.
Resist the devil.
Lord God, I push aside everything that hinders your love. Show me what it is God.
.
a. _________________________
b._________________________
c._________________________
.
I'm not sidin' up with anyone or anything that pulls me away from you.
.
Draw near to God.
Show me your heart God. Show me what is important to you, what you are doing. What areas of obedience are you drawing me to?
.
a. _________________________
b._________________________
c._________________________
.
According to your word Abba Father, I submit myself to you, I resist evil, and I draw near.
Thank you for instilling your word in my heart.
Amen.

1 comment:

Lee Ann James said...

GREAT post. Wow.