Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Branch Is Back


.
This . . .
The "branch" has been missing for two months. I had really given up on ever seeing it again until this morning when I took the trash down to the street. Quietly, from a distance, I heard a very small, pathetic voice say, "Help me. Pleeze help me."
I looked across the street and saw some very familiar leaves poking up out of the ditch. I approached cautiously and there it was just waiting to be rescued. I gently picked the old stick up and proceeded to "plant" it in the bushes beside the front door where the above photo was taken.
And so, no memorials are necessary, but in honor comments would be appreciated.
.
That . . .
Mom fell down this evening while coming in from the yard. She tripped on the back patio where the grass meets the brick, fell forward and then caught herself on the bbq grill spun around backwards and fell whipping the back of her head on the bricks.
She called me at work to tell me so. When I got home, she was sitting in her rocking chair and mumbling something about how dumb it was to fall and then bleed like a stuck pig. She really was not hurt except for some scrapes and a big knot on the back of her head. I think maybe her neck is going to be pretty sore too.
It is really amazing how many times she has fallen without serious injury.
1. She got hit by a car in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot, completely left the ground and landed on her back and head with both feet straight up in the air. Her injuries were similar as today.
2. She fell at work one day while everyone was gone to lunch, and couldn't get up til after Taylor got back. She was fine.
3. She had my sister's dog Mesa on a leash in the back yard. A cat ran out and Mesa took off, but Mom wouldn't let go, being drug into the riding lawn mower, falling down and bruising stuff, but ok.
.
This is That . . .
Heavenly Father, I thank you and praise you for your watchcare over my mother. I thank you for her strong bones. I speak healing to her head and neck in the name of Jesus. I thank you for her postive spiritual influence on my family and others. Keep her up and going strong as she enters into her older years. Bless and keep her as she keeps her eyes on you.
In the precious name of Jesus,
Amen.

No comments: