Monday, May 28, 2007

Rain

Day 1 . . . I Kings 18.
41 Then Elijah said to Ahab, “Go up, eat and drink; for there is the sound of abundance of rain.” 42 So Ahab went up to eat and drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; then he bowed down on the ground, and put his face between his knees, 43 and said to his servant, “Go up now, look toward the sea.”
So he went up and looked, and said, “There is nothing.” And seven times he said, “Go again.”
44 Then it came to pass the seventh time, that he said, “There is a cloud, as small as a man’s hand, rising out of the sea!” So he said, “Go up, say to Ahab, ‘Prepare your chariot, and go down before the rain stops you.’”
45 Now it happened in the meantime that the sky became black with clouds and wind, and there was a heavy rain.

This . . .
Listen.
That . . .
Listen.
Can you hear the sound of an abundance of rain?
It's the sound of rain, coming to America again.
This is that . . .
There is a cloud on the horizon. God has declared that the rain is coming.
Just like Elijah, as we pray . . . the rain will come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to have a blog of my own someday, as I sort through what God is telling me. I agree with you in the spirit. I wait for the rain!
On Sunday, my windshield wipers turned on when I started my car, and I don't remember even accidentally turning them on. When they turned on I was confused. I accepted that as a gift, and I haven't turned them off yet! God let it rain! Let it rain!

See you Tomorrow.

Jerry James said...

Curt,
I have been driving to Journey Church in Little Rock for a while now. I generally take the Colonel Glenn exit and the light at the end of the ramp has always been red. So I keep thinking, one of these times it will be green. This past Sunday it was. Green I mean. And the other two lights on the way were green as well. I didn't even have to slow down, and then I saw you with your wipers on!
I didn't really see you, but I wish I had.