Monday, May 19, 2008

What Man Joins Together . . .


This . . .
I talked to a sales lady on the phone today about buying a battery for our video camera. She asked for the number on the old battery so I gave it to her.
She kind of laughed a not real laugh and then said, "You have about as much chance of finding that battery as you do of seeing Jesus".
I said, "Wow, great . . . So you think you have one?"
She didn't really respond to that, but said she would look.
After a moment of silence she said, "Oh my god, I do have one and it's on sale for half price!"
My response, "Isn't Jesus good? I'll take it."
.
That . . .
As I have often been told, "God loves you and has a plan for your life."
This whole plan of God thing was summed up pretty well for me yesterday morning.
Here is God's strategy for accomplishing all that He desires . . .
Get down on your face, die and bear fruit.
.
This is That . . .
If you are a believer in Jesus, here is a word of truth.
You are greatly, greatly blessed, for God has given you the gift of wisdom, revelation and knowledge of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. And because of your response to this gift, you have eternal life.
The road that leads to destruction is wide, and many are on that path.
But as a believer in Jesus you are on a narrow path and greatly blessed because your gaze is fixed on Jesus the one who loves you, forgives you, keeps you from destruction and gives you eternal life.
What a blessing it is to know what you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your title and synopsis of yesterday! Thanks!

Jerry James said...

Jeff,
I just changed the title to go with the cartoon that's not funny.
Thanks for the comment.
If you you like, you can comment back and thank me for thanking you for thanking me.
Thanks.