Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Old Fogy?

This . . .
I recorded American Idol and watched it an hour delayed so I could fast forward thru the commercials and the boring stuff. So when the time came to name the winning David the announcer guy says, "And your new American Idol is David . . ." and right after the word David my recording ended and the screen went silent and blue.
.
That . . .
Old Fogy \Fo"gy\, n.; -- A dull old fellow.
As I watched American Idol tonight, I could feel "The World" tugging at my heart. The rock 'n roll, the glimmer and glitz, ZZ Top, Graham Nash (He is so "far out" as I used to say, but I fear totally lost), so why does my heart want to flip flop a bit when I watch this stuff.
.
This is That . . .
God's message for me Sunday was to bow down low and die to the world.
I don't want to be conformed to this world, but transformed by the renewing of my mind.
I don't want to walk after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
I don't want to be on the wide path, I want to be on the narrow one.
I don't want the world to say, "Way to go dude", I want Jesus to say, "Well done".
I don't want to be average, I want to be a radical lover of the things of God.
"American Idol" - Interesting Title.
I might be an "Old Fogy" . . . or maybe not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm an OF too...