Sunday, July 13, 2008

How Hungry Are You?

This . . .
.
A thought for wives.
Let's just say your husband just finished mowing the yard.
What might you say when he comes inside?
Bad Response: "Now you need to weed-eat."
Better Response: "The yard looks great . . .
now you need to weed-eat."
Good Response: "Thank you, I appreciate all you do! The yard looks great" (Good time for a kiss on the cheek).
.
That . . .
Pigs are very smart, but they are not very obedient . . .
unless they are hungry.
You can teach a pig to do all sorts of stuff, but he likely won't do any of it if he is well fed. But if he is hungry, a pig is very eager to do whatever is asked with the hope of getting something to eat.
.
This is That . . .
People are that way too. The Bible says "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled".
It is not easy to seek, ask, knock, and pray when everything is good. We are more likely to just sit and eat cookies.
When we are desperate, we cry out, and pray, and pray, because we are so aware of our great need.
When things are going well, our need is no less.
I want to stay hungry.
How hungry are you?
.
.
Great Response: "Thank you, sweetheart. The yard looks great (kiss on the cheek), I'll show you my appreciation a little later!
I'm talkin' mowing AND weed-eating to perfection . . .
two to three times a week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog site. I have never been to one before. I actually googled trying to find the singer at the call that sings the song with the lyrics "only one word comes to mind, there is only one word to describe, Holy, holy, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY. There is no one like YOU, YOU are Holy, HOLY... I went to The Call in Alabama and will be in D.C. Would you happen to know the name of the young man who sings this song? And possibly is there a place to connect for the music played at the CALL. HIS presence thunders in His praise! Thanks for any help. chadkritzer@att.net

Chad Kritzer said...

I am hungry... my last post here was anonymous. Thanks... I did not have an identity earlier and now have created one. Thanks for any information you can offer.