Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Believe It Was God

This . . .
I saw a leaf fall today. It was only one, but it did fall.
.
That . . .
Taylor and Lee Ann had a great crop of tomatoes this summer.
I think they ate both of them for supper tonight.
.
This is That . . .
Matthew 6:3-4
3 But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.
I wonder if God practices what he preaches?
I don't mean anything (Ican't think of the word) by saying that, I'm just thinking . . .
It seems that most of what God does in this age, he does in secret.
I forever want Him to do something great then shout out,
"That was me!"
But usually it comes out more as a question, "Was that you God?"
Then I answer myself, "Yes, I think it was".
.
I had something like that happen today. Some things came together that had that "in God's perfect timing" feel about it. I wasn't even really asking, it was more like God knew what I needed even before I asked.
.
And so I come to you tonight God, with thanksgiving and praise.
You are good. Your ways are perfect.
Thank you for loving me; Thank you for even thinking of me.
I love you, and I acknowledge that all good things come from you.
I praise you Lord! Let all that is within me Bless Your Holy Name!
Amen.

.

No comments: