Tuesday, September 23, 2008

God is good.

This . . .
There are some really amazing actors and actresses in Hollywood. They often times take on rolls of very good, moral, decent human beings and make them totally believable.
Obviously very good acting.
.
That . . .
It is standard to turn something clockwise to tighten and counter-clockwise to loosen.
So why is it that the tie on a loaf of bread is just the opposite?
I think this is done to confuse children and old men. *
.
This is That . . .
I have been a Christian for as long as I can remember. I accepted Christ when I was about five years old with my mother sitting on the edge of my bed in Colby, Kansas. She told me the stories of the Bible and prayed with me; and with a childlike faith I just believed and have kept on believing.
There was a time after high school that I found myself living a life less than pleasing to the Lord.
I never left Him and He for sure never left me, but I was living a life of compromise. I looked around and realized that none of my friends were Christians. I wanted to change, but I didn't know how to get from where I was to where I needed to be.
I remember praying one night for God to make a way and rescue me. I prayed not really believing that He would, but God was listening.
Six months later, I found myself married, living in Lake Village, Arkansas, leading a group of Methodist youth, and surrounded by Christian people. I didn't hardly know anyone who was not a believer in Jesus.
.
God is in the process of answering that prayer again for a friend of mine.
I can only say, "God you are good." And my desire is to Praise You..
Bless the Lord, Oh my soul. Let all that is within me bless your Holy name. For you have done great things. You forgive all my sins and heal all of my diseases.
My desire is to love you rightly and give you great praise.
.
I sat down next to one of seven sisters at a Benny Hinn conference about six years ago.
I was facing divorce. I was hurting and confused, but clinging to Jesus. I desperately needed to hear from God. Before driving to Birmingham, my son Taylor had given me a little note book to encourage me to journal.
Here is what I wrote concerning a word from the Lord given to me by the sweet, young Christian I found myself sitting by.
.
Then she said to me . . .
"God showed me a dishrag that was being rung out.
The dishrag is you.
What the devil has meant for bad, God is using for good.
God is re-arranging your furniture.
Your furniture is your life, your home, your family.
He is putting your house in order.
When you re-decorate, things always get more chaotic before they get better.
The end result will be a beautiful arrangement.
This re-arrangement is for you and your family.
Trust God and He will arrange you into His perfect will."
I wanted to hear from God, and he set me down next to a prophet.
God is good.
.
.
(* Old women don't even notice.)

No comments: