Sunday, January 21, 2007

This . . .
We have a cat named "Put Cat" because my sister put her in my Mom's house. She completely lives up to the term "Scaredy Cat". She is afraid to come in and afraid to go out. If she's walking across the floor and I make a sudden sound of any kind, she will jump like she's seen the boogy man and then try to recompose herself and say, "that didn't scare me". She will be sleeping on Mom's lap . . . I will sneeze and she will jump up, take off, and disappear over the horizon. Come to think about it, my sneezes are pretty scary.
And then there's Jasper.

That . . .
Jasper is a really large, long haired tom cat. He has absolutely no manners and is unaware of almost everything, especially how annoying he is. He often comes in all wet, or covered with leaves and other debris and has no idea what a slob he is. He bully's Put Cat and keeps her under the china cabinet about 90% of the time . . . so I call him Bullwinkle because he is such a bully. He doesn't know how to enter a room quitely, but always comes in bouncing off stuff and making sure everyone knows he just came in. When I sneeze (really loud) he just looks at me and says, "shut up". And did I mention how big he is? A couple of days ago, I was reclined all the way back in my chair and Bullwinkle was hanging out on top of my legs clear down by my feet. He suddenly jumped off causing my chair to flip over backwards. I went sailing out of my chair and wound up face down in the kitchen. BIG KITTY!

This is That . . .
I think God created cats to be a helpful distraction from the more serious things of life. Much needed comic relief.

No comments: