Sunday, July 01, 2007

I'm In!

Day 35 . . . Five Days To Go
.
This . . .
"Hey, this is great. Really. This is exactly what I've been looking for.
It looks great. It sounds great. It feels great. For sure, I want this.
I have just one question, How much does it cost?"
"Well, I am glad that you have decided that I am really who you want, but there is a cost."
"That's OK God, I'll pay anything, just tell me how much."
"Let me give it to you straight. It will cost you everything."
.
That . . .
"Wow, everything? That's a lot. Tell me that part about what I get again."
"All that I have is yours."
"N0, I mean seriously.
"I am serious."
You're joking, right?"
"Don't make me come down there."
.
This is That . . .
"So you want me to give you everything and you want to give me all that you have in return? I mean when you put it that way it seems rather lopsided. After all, you created the heavens and the earth. You placed the stars in the sky. You figured out butterflies and hippos and didn't even break a sweat. You are THE God of the universe. You are the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. You are loving and kind, full of mercy and all powerful.
You are holy and perfect in all your ways.
All the silver and gold is yours, and all you want from me is all that I have?"
"That's right, I want you."
"I'm in."
.
Duhh!

No comments: