Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Lou Engle Interview about The Call Nashville

This . . .
Day 37, three days to go.
.
That . . .
I saw an interview with Che' Ahn and Lou Engle on God TV last night. It is an interview that took place when Lou Engle was first announcing "The Call Nashville". It's got alot of good and encouraging stuff in it that I wanted to share, so I have transcribed the majority of it below. I didn't realize how many broken sentences people make when they talk instead of write. But this is good. Get a cup of coffee (or water, juice, whatever) and soak some of this stuff up.
.
This is That . . .
Che' Ahn
I am so excited, because the journey continues. There is a major announcement you need to make, so I want you to share about "The Call Nashville 07-07-07". So, why Nashville and why that date.
Lou Engle
For those who haven't heard, we launched a thing called "The Call" where literally 400,000 gathered together in Washington DC in the year 2000 to fast and pray for our nation and the elections, and I believe that that call changed history. All over this country and the world, I run into people who say they were marked that day. I believe there was literally a marking of a generation for a passion for Christ that occured on that day.
We did seven "calls", the final one was in Dallas and then James Goll gave us a prophetic word and the word was this, he said the call was going to die for three years, but then it would be resurrected. I had been prophecying even back in 2001 that we would do a call in Nashville. But it never happened. It just all died and so we laid it down. Then the Lord began to stir this vision I had been prophesying in 2001 that there was going to come a prophetic movement and a call to go to Nashville to pray. There was a prophesy released called the sons of thunder by a man named James Reil. And that prophecy and that dream that he had was that there was going to be a new breed of musicians released into the earth and they would not be those who were looking for a position or a label. They were those who were playing their guitars behind the curtain because they wanted to influence God more than man. And the curtains would be opened, and they would find themselves releasing an annointing stronger than the Beatles mania of the 60's, and it would reap the greatest harvest in the history of America.
Che' Ahn
And this would come out of Nashville, the music capital of the world.
Lou
Yes, Nashville is where the sounds come from, and so we have been prophecying that something is coming out of Nashville. But I just want to say this. It is not enough tojust have a prophecy. Prophecy must be prayed from heaven to earth. It not just automatic. Someones has to envoke that dream into the earth realm and I just had a vision that thousands and thousands would gather together to cry out for the sound of the musicians that would reap that harvest, and I feel like we are in that moment.
So, we began to come up to three years, and we began to ask, God are you doing this? I began to talk to some friends, and we began to look at stadiums and the Nashville stadium was open on 070707.
Che' Ahn
So talk about the Bob Jones prophecy.
Lou
Yes, Bob Jones had given a prophecy way before the Houston Oilers had moved to Nashville to become the Titans. He prophecied that the Houston Oilers would move to Nashville, and Nashville would build God a stadium that would be the staging ground for 100,000 young people coming together for a great youth army of prayer and worship.
Che' Ahn
Hallelujah! Wow. And that was in 1993.
Lou
Yes, that was in 1993 and he said this thing would be called the shot that was heard around the world.
So we are pondering all these things, and a woman, Sharon Stone from England stands up and points her finger at me and says, seven seven 0 seven, the day that the scepter is being lowered to you . . .
Che' Ahn
Now she knows nothing about all of this.
Lou
That's right, she knows nothing and she says to me, 7 7 07, the day that the scepter is being lowered to you for the mobilizaion of a great youth army of prayer. And I'm stunned by it! You know, James Goll and I are just kind of buzzing . . . How many of you know that we need the endorsement of God. It's not enough to blow a trumpet because we think it's a good idea. I've got to know that God is summoning the nation and as it was in 1997, a woman came to me and said have you ever thought about putting kids on the mall in DC like Promise Keepers did the fathers? And I said m'am I prophesied it a year and a half ago, and she said I'm going to pay your salary this year, the Lord spoke to me to pay your salary I want to give you $100,000 to start it. That was eight years ago and that launched the first call.
So right after this word from Sharon Stone, a lady is on the phone, I met her one time, and she calls me up and says, what are you doing? So I told her about the call. She says, I have written you a check for $100,000, I have it in my hand. And I thought oh my God, we have come full circle and were starting again another wave, because I believe America is in a crisis. I believe it is a time again for Joel 2. When there is no hope for a Nation, blow the trumpet in Zion, call a fast, gather the young, gather the old, cry out and God will answer. I believe we are in a great surge, a prophetic moment in the history of America for fasting and prayer.
.
This is pretty long, and this is a good spot for a pause, so Selah.
I will continue tomorrow.

No comments: