Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Great Grass Transplant

Day 38 . . . two days to go.
.
This . . .
This morning I didn't know anything about shucking corn. But now, at the end of the day, I know all about shucking corn, boiling corn, cutting corn and freezing corn.
.
That . . .
We have a small area in our yard that has been grassless for as long as I can remember. This year, I have worked hard to try and get grass to grow there.
I tilled it all up, brought in fertile soil, and have seeded it three different times over the past few months. Some grass has grown, but despite all the babying, it hasn't flourished.
Today while mowing I decided to take time out and clean out around the railroad ties in the parking area at the bottom of our drive. There was grass growing all around them, even some grass had grown up thru one of the railroad ties and was coming out the top. There is also grass growing up thru various cracks in the driveway and all along (and in) a brick sidewalk in front of the house. I have sprayed all of these areas in years past with roundup or other weed and grass killers and I was thinking I would do that again today. It works for a while, but not for long.
There is one more area of interest and that is the area where I park my car. I park at the top of the driveway and beyond on the grass so that my Mom has room to back her car out if she needs to go somewhere. There is some very fine, tough grass that grows in this area. It reminds me of the grass on a golf course green. Mom suggested that I start parking my car over on the struggling area so that it would grow.
So I was thinking, why does all this grass grow in the tough spots in the midst of all the discouragement, but it doesn't grow (very well) in the place I encourage it to grow. Try to follow me here, I'll not be much longer.
I decided that instead of killing the unwanted grass, that I would transplant this tough, grow no matter what grass into the hard to grow area.
.
This is That . . .
The strongest believers in the body of Christ are the ones who have grown in the midst of persecution and discouragement. The ones who have grown up thru the cracks in the midst of all sorts of "grass killers". The ones who have had large obsticles of discouragement placed on top of them. Over a period of time, these believers have become some "tough grass". These believers are everywhere. They are the ones who thru it all, are still standing strong, still praying, still wholeheartedly pressing in to the heart of God, still saying "yes", and still saying, "Jesus, I am yours".
So what now?
I believe a major "grass transplant" is on the horizon. As these seed bearers begin to transplant {in the lives of others} all the seed that they have received over long periods of enduring, a huge harvest will spring forth and multitudes will ride the wave of those who have gone before. The ones who come in at the end of the day, will get the same pay as those who started work early. I believe this will happen quickly as God orchestrates a great end-time harvest.
.
Tomorrow, I want to get back to Lou Engle and all the words that have been given concerning "The Call Nashville". What should our response be to all these prophetic words? . . . tomorrow.

No comments: