Saturday, January 05, 2008

Red Moon Rising

This . . .
Do you remember that one really good two point sermon that Jesus preached?
(1) Follow
(2) Me
.
The Bible is the only book that starts before the beginning and goes on after the ending.
.
As a guy, if you find that girls distract you,
just look at your feet and pray.
.
That . . .
God is looking for intercessors. That’s not just a fancy word to replace “prayer.” It is a high calling—some say the supreme vocation. There is a small piece of real estate that exists in between God and His rebellious creation, and it’s called “the gap.” You are called to stand there. You were made to stand there. God said, “I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none.” (Ezekiel 22:30)
Lou Engel
.
This is That . . .
If it were up to me to lead the battle of Jericho, I would probably come up with a pretty good, logical plan. I would weigh out all the strengths and weaknesses of the situation and make plans to go forward.
Then God might say to me, "Jerry, your way of taking Jericho makes perfect sense . . ." And then there would be an uneasy pause before God finished his statement saying, "The only trouble is, your logical plan won't work".
Bummer.
"On the other hand" God would continue,"My way of taking Jericho makes NO sense whatsoever, but . . . my way works!"
So what meanest thou this?
Shouting the walls of Jericho down makes no good sense to us,
but it worked.
And believing that prayer is the fundamental answer to righting every wrong thing and the answer to every problem makes no sense to us at all,
but it works.
.
I am reading a great book, "Red Moon Rising" by Pete Greig and Dave Roberts. It is about embracing the low posture of prayer to . . .
.
AN ARMY IS EMERGING

1 comment:

Elliott James said...

That feet thing really works.