Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Could I Please Get You A Glass Of Water?

This . . .
What if you knew for sure that Jesus was coming back tomorrow?
What would you do tonight?
I know I would be frantically going after all the oil I could get.
I would be looking for a thirsty person to give water to.
I would pray.
I would read the book of Revelation, Matthew 24,
and I Thessalonians, etc.
I would be shouting to my relatives and friends
to get ready.
I would want to get with other believers to pray,
search the scriptures, and cry out for mercy.

I would not be politically correct and
I wouldn't be very interested in eating,
or watching Idol on TV.

.
That . . .
Well, He's not coming back tomorrow,
He's COMING BACK NEXT WEEK!
So I have more time than I thought!
Only kidding, but not really.
He's coming in a minute.
Our whole lifetime is but a minute.
Believers will live for eternity with Jesus.
Our lives are like whispers in the wind,
but God has his ears wide open - He's listening!
He is looking to and fro to see if he will find faith on the earth when he returns.
.
This is That . . .
So what do you think?
Is Jesus coming or not?
I believe he is, and I'm not ready,
but I'm working on it.
If you believe he is, are you ready?
I want to be with him in all of his plans to return.
I want to be with him and not against him when
he begins to remove sin from the earth,
and I want to be a part of his pure and spotless bride.
I want to be like John . . .
I want to be like one crying in the wilderness,
"Prepare the way for the coming of our Lord".

No comments: