Tuesday, June 15, 2010

After 40 Years . . .

This . . .
OK this is pretty funny.
.
That . . .
I played in a State Basketball Championship Tournament
40 years ago.
Got new socks for the first game - we won.
So I didn't wash the socks and wore them for the second game.
We won again.
After two wins, no way was I going to wash those socks.
We won the championship game 52-50.
It was an undefeated 25-0 State Championship season.
I tied the socks in a knot and have
kept them for forty years . . . never washed.
.
So I had the socks out looking at them the other night.
After all these 40 years, the sweat from that
state tournament was still in those socks.
Left them beside my bed.
>
This is That . . .
Mom washed them.
Had them neatly laid out on the bed.
What a great (but funny) mother I have.
.

1 comment:

Jerry James said...

Told Mom about this today.
She said, "Wow, it took me a long time to get 'em washed, didn't it?"