Monday, October 17, 2011

Many Have Said Yes, But Did Not Do It

This . . .
Had a great time in KC this past weekend at
the IHOP Prayer and Prophecy Conference.
Met my son Elliott's fiance, Megan for the first time.
She is absolutely delightful. Beautiful inside and out
and a wholehearted believer in Jesus.
Also went to a football game with a high school friend
and watched her daughter march in the band.
It was a very refreshing and really fun evening.
.
That . . .
It was impressed on me at the conference to search
God for the next step.
Not  the grand scheme,
but just the next first step of what God would have me do.
The answer was the same as what he most often tells me and
anyone seeking to know what He would have us to do.
Almost a cliche if I know what that word means.
Read the Bible and Pray.
.
This is That . . .
Now I read my Bible and pray already, but God would say to me,
" I know you do, but seriously now . . ."
.
In 1982, God invited Mike Bickle to be part of a
young adult movement that would touch the ends of the earth."
His immediate response was, "YES, Lord!"
Then God said to him,
"Many have said yes to me, but did not do it."
.
Here I am saying yes again.
Don't want to be one of the many who
said yes, but did not do it.
Help me Holy Spirit.

No comments: