Wednesday, October 05, 2011

To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul

This . . .
I went to exercise at the gym after work today.
There was a lady there working out,
and at about twenty til six she asked me,
"Do they close at six?"
"Yes they do", I said.
Her response,
"Darn, I won't have time to finish my workout!"
So she left.
.
That . . .
The first time I became aware of Psalms 25,
was when my daughter, Tarah, shared it with me.
I was hurting. She was lifting me up by sharing
this prayer to bring water in the midst of a dry land.
Fond memories of Tarah and me and Jesus
driving across Arkansas in her Saturn.
.
This is That . . .
To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
O my God, I trust in You;

Let me not be ashamed;
Let not my enemies triumph over me.
Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed;
Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause.

Show me Your ways, O LORD;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.

Remember, O LORD, Your tender mercies
and Your lovingkindnesses, For they are from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions;
According to Your mercy remember me,
For Your goodness’ sake, O LORD.

Good and upright is the LORD;
Therefore He teaches sinners in the way.
The humble He guides in justice,
And the humble He teaches His way.

No comments: