Thursday, November 02, 2006

This . . .
I believe praise is given to God for what He has done, is doing, and is going to do.
I praise Him for creation; for His mighty acts of deliverance; for healing; for provision; for protection; for His love, mercy and kindness; for His plan of salvation; for His son Jesus and His blood that was shed; for the good plans He has for me; and more.
.
That . . .
I believe we worship God for WHO He is. He is good; He is holy (completely other than), He is love; He is merciful; He is sovereign; He is righteous in His leadership and judgements; He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him; He is worthy; He is God.
.
This is That . . .
God calls us to endure because our relationship with Him is ongoing. We are to knock and keep knocking. We are to ask and keep asking. We are to seek and keep seeking. It is not like a one time purchase of bread and wine, but a continual pursuit of a loving relationship with Him. We sign up, and then fall short, so we sign up again, and again, and again. This is endurance. When trouble comes, we run to Him and not away from Him. We put a big YES in our spirit and say no matter what God, I want to be with you and not against you. I will not turn aside or turn back, but I will press in, I will press on. As we draw near, He draws near. Step after step, He guides us. This is not about works, but about our hearts being ever drawn to Him in love.
He who endures to the end, will be saved.

No comments: