Saturday, October 28, 2006

This . . .
I used to cut Taylor and Elliott's hair with a Flow-Bee. I don't think Nathan ever had the pleasure. This is the cutter that hooks up to a vacuum cleaner. It sucks your hair up, cuts it off even and then whisks the trimmings off to the vacuum dirt bag. I had such authority back in those days that they actually let me do this to them even while all the animals were running away. I got it down out of the attic today and gave myself a haircut. The animals still ran.
.
That . . .
I went to the Revival Center Church here in Monticello to take pictures at their pastor and his wife's appreciation Banquet. Everyone kept asking me where I got my hair cut. When I told them that I cut it myself, they would tilt their heads a bit and roll their eyes a little and say, "Oh, really". Actually no one commented on my hair, they were way to kind. I enjoyed the afternoon, being able to sit in on a congregation and see a bit of their hearts. They were full of praise and love for the Lord and honored their pastor, his wife and three kids with genuine love and respect. Several spoke, all good. The pastor's nine year old daughter did an interpretive dance that was just really, really good. A couple of men did the same. Several sang - WOW! And then a pastor from Memphis preached a short message. It was powerful and very skillfully delivered. I left wondering why black people and white people have such a hard time coming together under the Kingship of Jesus.
A time of unity IS coming. The bride of Christ will be in unity, without spot or blemish when our Bridegroom comes.
Oh, how He loves you and me - us and them. Come, Lord Jesus.
.
This is That . . .
Three words caught my attention as I listened today. I have a bit of an idea what they mean to me, but I would like to hear what they mean to you. Here are the three words: Praise, Worship and Endure. What is the difference between praise and worship and what is God's word saying to us when it often encourages us to "endure"?

No comments: