Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Branch Re-visited

.


I was reading over some of my old posts, and got teary eyed when I ran across "The Branch" writings. Of course if you know me at all, you know it doesn't take much to make me cry. God does it almost every time.
Anyway, here is "The Branch" re-visited.
.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
My neighbors have a tree limb in their yard. It might be more accurate to say a branch leaning toward a twig. My mom could easily pick it up.
The reason it is interesting is . . . that it has been there for about six weeks. The neighbors yard is neatly mowed and landscaped. The branch is easily seen from our kitchen sink window, so we see it and think of it often. When the person they hire, mows their yard, he always just moves the branch over a little and mows around it. I am interested to see whether it ever gets picked up and carried off, or just shrivels up and disintegrates. I think I'll put a nice red ribbon on it.
.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
My neighbors hired a whole crew to manicure their lawn today. There were at least three men yielding mowers, weedeaters, bushtrimmers and blowers. Somewhere in the mix, "the branch" got carried off to twig heaven. I was really sad to see it go. I can't describe the way I strangely miss it . . . life is hard.
.
Saturday, October 21, 2006
Don't ever give up on a twig. If you think there is no hope - that the branch is gone - that surely chopping, tossing and burning has taken place - that the "fat branchey" is singing . . . think again!
It turns out that "the branch" in the neighbors yard was not annialated as I thought, but only moved to another spot in the yard, namely the "in progress flower garden" right in front of the house, where it is easily seen every time I drive up the driveway. Somehow, seeing this small branch again, has caused my hope to be renewed.
So the saga continues. What will happen to this seemingly insignificant piece of fallen tree?
I'll keep you posted. In the mean time, never give up . . . things are not always as they seem.
.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
The branch has so far survived the winter. It is still in the flower bed and even still holding on to a few leaves. If you would like to drive by and see it, feel free. Just leave $2 in the mail box. If you take a picture, make it $5.

No comments: