Monday, February 12, 2007

I Want To KNOW Him.

.
This . . .
I was thinking of some pretty enjoyable things my son Nathan did or said when he was little.
He told this joke.
Knock Knock. Who's there? Old Lady . . . Old Lady Who?
Nathan: "I didn't know you could Who-dle!" And then he would laugh real loud.
Of course the punchline is "Yodel" not Who-dle.
.
He called the gate on the dog pen a "gatel" because it had a latch on it.
.
He was in the car with me when it was raining and commented concerning the windshield wipers, "They're not fighting . . . they're working together".
.
When he was about six, he got in trouble for throwing mud at the neighbors camper, and so we told him he was "grounded". Gari and I went somewhere that evening and had a babysitter stay with the kids. When we got home, she told us she really thought something was wrong with Nathan. So we went into his room and asked him what was the matter. Half crying, he asked, "When you ground me, would you just cover me with leaves? I don't want you to ground me with dirt."
Of course, we gave him a big hug and said, "No way. We're using dirt!"
.
That . . .
I wonder if Jesus ever blogs about any of the things his children have said or done? If he did, what might his blog be called? Hmmmm. Maybe, "Fighting to Wake You Up" or "Stuff I Know".
It would be great to check in everyday to see what he is thinking about. I think that is called prayer.
.
This is That . . .
Even better than reading His blog would be seeing him face to face. When we do, I wonder if he might say, "Do you remember when you said such and such? or when you did that really crazy thing? Didn't you see me waving my arms and yelling, No, no, over here!"
Or even better to hear him say, "Do you remember that time you came running after me so hard, and then jumped up in my lap and we just hugged and cried together? That was very cool . . .
I love you so much!"
.
Oh, how I want to KNOW Him . . .To know the thoughts he thinks of me . . . to truely see and know how good and beautiful and all powerful He is. Just to sit in His lap and have Him hold me and tell me that I am His great reward, that He is my father and that I am His son and that together we are going to walk and do great things together . . . forever!
Come Lord Jesus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good entry! Thanks for the smiles and the memories it evoked of my own kids.

On our Disney trip, Sam was doing his bidness on the commode, and Adelyn was watching TV. Ater a moment, she walked through the room and said, rather confused, "Dad, I smell burnt toast..."

Needless to say, we now have a polite family code word for something... ;)

charity said...

The great thing about wanting to know His thoughts towards you is that there are so many to choose from! Ps. 139:17-18 But here is one for you: You are great! Keep it up! He is do proud of you!

Unknown said...

This is an awesome post about how personal God is--I like! When all is said and done, intimacy demands relationship on a very personal level.