Friday, February 23, 2007

This . . .
If you were a pinball machine, would you be:
1. Rackin' up the points and going for the record . . .
2. Trying your best just to keep the ball in play . . .
3. Watching the ball going right past the flippers and into the depths . . .
4. Or on Tilt?
.
That . . .
There was a time when I pretty much depended on me and/or my family for everything. I felt like I was rackin' up the points and going for the record. Everything seemed manageable; I was fairly comfortable, full of pride, and life seemed good.
It seems, that the more I deny myself and depend on God, the more it feels like I am just trying to keep the ball in play, watching it go past the flippers, and staying in the tilt position.
The key word there is "seems".
.
This is That . . .
There is no plan B.
Plan A is to go hard after all that God desires; to say yes again and again; to not grow weary of doing good; to believe that God is in control and that He has plans for me that I cannot even dream of; to be obedient; to love God; to keep asking, seeking and knocking; to hunger and thirst after righteousness; to endure until the end.
The alternatives to any part of plan A are "really not good".
.
Randy Bohlender had this thought in his post today . . .
There is a "bridge of obedience over a chasm of impossibility".
Sometimes life is hard. Things seem impossible, but there is a bridge of obedience called plan A that will lead us over the chasm of impossibility and on to a place where the big grapes grow; where milk and honey flow from the morning til the night, and everyone is singing . . . of Jesus!
.
Things may seem to be "On Tilt", but . . .
The Game Is Not Over.

No comments: