Monday, October 08, 2007

I'da seen to it that you'da got to . . .

This . . .
I don't know the story behind this quote, but it's a dandy. I got it from my son Elliott and he thinks he got it from a story that Tarah told. If anyone knows the whole story, I would like to hear it.
"If I'da know'd that you'd a wanted to a went I'da seen to it that you'da got to get to go.".
.
That . . .
I have had some second thoughts about yesterday's post. I do believe that it is good to keep the gospel message simple, but then on the other hand I know that Jesus didn't always "speak English" as it were. I have listed a few instances under This is That.
.
This is That . . .
John 6:53-56
Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.
Makes sense to me.
.
John 7:6-8
Then Jesus said to them, “My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready. The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil.You go up to this feast. I am not yet going up to this feast, for My time has not yet fully come.
I get what he's talking about, but I don't know what he means.
.
Matthew 5:22
But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.
.
I'm gonna go look for one more and then I'm done.
Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!
.
So is calling on the name of the Lord enough? or is doing his will required as well?

No comments: