Monday, March 17, 2008

More Horton

This . . .
Favorite quotes
(Sermon Topics)
.
The jungle is no place to act like a wild animal.
.
If you can't see, hear, or feel something . . . it doesn't exist.
.
You're talking to a clover . . . that doesn't look good.
.
We won't tell anyone and if we do, we'll tell them not to tell anyone.
.
Nothing has ever gone wrong in Whoville. Nothing ever has, and nothing ever will you blabbering boob!
.
In my world, everyone is a pony
and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies.
.
Do you really want to put yourself through this for a speck?
I don't think you do.
.
A person is a person no matter how small.
.
You need to go to bed, Daddies having a breakdown.
.
I will take it, I will crush it and I will devour it. Then I regurgitate it.
Then I will devour it again . . . two times devoured.
.
Mr. Mayor, it is snowing in the summer.
It's a dramatic climate change. Whoville is headed for disaster! Mayor . . . it's the end of the world!
.
I said what I meant and I meant what I said.
.
Keep watching the skies.
.
The lost and found is missing.
.
Horton is a giant elephant in the sky. Don't bother looking, he's invisable.
.
Show them what a non-boob I am.
.
Look at the wind. What does that mean? . . . Let the kite flying begin.
.
Oohh, brain freeze!
.
Citizens of Whoville. I would like you to meet Horton. He's going to help us.
.
All you have to do is admit that there are no little people on that little spec. Just say I was wrong and you were right.
.
Come on, keep going.
.
YOPP!
.
Rudy get back in the pouch. NO, mom.
.
You are a warrior poet.

.
That . . .
.
I've always heard people say, "The book was better", after seeing a movie taken from a book. I never knew, because I almost never read the book. I did read this one, I just couldn't put it down. I read it in less than a day!
There was one change in the movie that I did'nt really like.
In the book, JoJo is a little twirp.He's a shirker. He's yo-yoing at a time when every prayer is needed. In the end, it is his prayer, "YOPP", that makes the differnce - the prayer that turns everything around.
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
We all behave as little twirps at times. We shirk our responsibilities. We yo-yo when we should be praying. But if we confess our sins, God is faithful to forgive.
.
This is That . . .
Prepare the way of the Lord.
Blow the trumpet is Zion. Sound the alarm in Whoville.
"Keep watching the skies"
Immediately after the distress of those days the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.
At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
Matthew 24
.
As in the days of (the mayor) Noah.
"Nothing has ever gone wrong in Whoville"
"In my world we eat rainbows and poop butterflies"
"Look at the wind. What does that mean? . . . Let the kite flying begin"
WAKE UP - The rain is coming!
.
I could go on and on, the possibilites are endless, but one more thing . . .
I couldn't help but compare the showdown scene between Horton, Morton and all the Who's with the Kangaroos, the Monkeys and all the rest - It was much like the showdown between The Prophet Elijah and the Prophets of Baal (and the kangaroo Jezebel)
I believe another showdown is yet to come.
"Come on God, show them what non-boobs we are.
.
And whoever gives a cookie to the least of these . . .
.

No comments: