Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What's The Question?

This . . .
I have a confession to make. I watched American Idol tonight.
For all of the rest of you who watched as well, I would say it's not for me to judge, but like me, you probably need to repent.
Please understand that this is "this" and not "this is that".
.
That . . .
Two observations.
(1) How can a person sing about "All The Lonely People" while smiling and winking at his fans through the whole thing and then have the judges say it was so great. A good question to have asked him would have been, did you ever think of even one lonely person while you were singing?
(2) I get strong negative feelings when people wave their hands back and forth during meaningless songs as though some great thing is being accomplished by how good it feels to be meaningless.
The only thing worse is to light a candle.
.
I am like totally not ready to post "This Is That" so I am going to take a moment to recover and then I'll get to it.
.
This is That . . .
I heard James Goll say one time how important it is to ask the right question. He said when you ask the right question you will find yourself very near the right answer.
I am wondering what question it is that I need to ask God?
What answer would he love to give to me if I would only ask?
What question would God ask me if I had ears to hear. By hearing the right question, what might I learn? It is not like God ever asks anything because he needs to know the answer. Rather, he asks because we need to know the answer.
.
No answers here, only longing for the right questions.

No comments: