Wednesday, July 05, 2006



I have been trying to count the black dots in this picture.

Every time I get to one, I lose count.

THIS . . . is very annoying.

.

THAT . . .

What happens to an oriental guy if you spin him 'round and 'round and 'round?

.

THIS is THAT . . .

I think most Christians believe that Jesus is going to return to earth sometime - maybe soon.

Many believe that we are in the generation of His return. I do.

The creation story was big. The fall was big. The deliverance of Israel out of Egypt in Exodus was a "big deal". The flood had quite an impact on a lot of folks, particularly those outside of Noah's immediate family. The first coming of Jesus was pretty major, even if almost no one figured it out for 30 years . . . and then only a few. How big was the cross, the death and ressurection of Jesus our Lord?

All God . . . all good . . . and all big.

Jesus is coming back again . . . that will be even morehuger.

.

So what do we know, and what questions might we ask concerning this event of Biblical proportions? (pun intended)

.

Who is coming back? Will He come as the pre-existant Son of God, as a man or as God? Where will He come? How is He going to come? Why is He coming? How long will He be here? What is going to do when He gets here? When is He coming? Will He come as a thief in the night or will we be expecting Him?

.

Eschatology (the study of end times) is not an easy subject, but I believe we CAN KNOW and MUST KNOW what is on the heart of God as He leads us toward the day the "Bridegroom Jesus" will come for His bride and reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords over all the earth. That will be one MOREHUGER event.

.

He gets disoriented.

3 comments:

McDreamy said...

oh my!!
i just found your blog yesterday by way of lee ann.
you have just won the most favoristist blog ever. ever!!
ooh, please don't stop blogging, this will be my new fix!

Jerry James said...

Wow Suzanne, Thank You!

p said...

This is deep!
That was great!
Sometimes I feel like I am about to drown in ignorance of what God is tring to communicate to me either through His word or through the Holy Spirit or both. I like those times because I know God is about to lift me up and reveal new things to my young eyes! I say this because I feel that way about Jesus' return sometimes.
Love the blog!!