Sunday, July 09, 2006

This is what happened.
I was helping Taylor put some floor decking up in his attic. It is important to keep your feet on the rafters because if you step in between, your foot is likely to appear thru the ceiling in a room below and that would scare Banjo, poor kitty. Not to mention you could die. I was standing with each foot on two different rafters while lifting a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood with Taylor on the other end, lifting as well. While trying to wrestle it into position, I was knocked off balance and forced to take a giant step backwards. In a brief moment, I realized the danger, but could do nothing short of stepping down with the full force of my weight and the weight of the plywood. I was expecting the worse when my foot came down fully and squarely on a rafter. My first thought was "Hallelujah, I praise you Lord God that you direct my steps!" The thing is, that is not what I said. I kept that shout of praise silently tucked within. I think silent praises are good and fine, but sometimes we just need to shout it out. In an effort to be man pleasing and not offend (as if Taylor would be offended), I held back what I wanted to shout out to God. Next time, I'm shoutin'!
.
That . . .
Overheard at the second coming . . . "Myrtle! Did you see that?"
Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
Revelation 1:7
.
This is That . . .
Why study end times? There are over 100 chapters in the Bible that have the end times as their main theme. It seems an important topic to God. As I posted earlier, the second coming is no small event, it is morehuger. Don't believe it is too hard a subject and too controversial for us to get. Scriptures on end times were written for all to understand - particularly now.
I also believe that scriptures on end times are meant to be interpreted literaly unless specifically identified as symbolic. A solid knowledge and understanding of God's leadership over the planet in the coming end time events will prepare you and the church to be victorious in love with power during the most dramatic time in history. We are preparing to transition between BSC (Before the Second Coming) to ASC (After the Second Coming).
Absolutely brobdingnagian. We need to know and be ready.
I encourage you to press in and not shrink back.
.
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way.
Psalms 37:23

No comments: