Tuesday, July 11, 2006



This . . .
If you get water in your ears, what is the best way to get it out?
.
That . . .
A problem with rice crispies and cheerios is that when you put the milk on, the cereal spills over the side of the bowl. Easy solution: Put the milk in first then put in the cereal. This keeps the cereal in the bowl and also keeps the cereal crunchy longer.
There was a time when I was a Cheerios junkie. Just had to have 'em. One night I was all set for a big bowl, when I realized there was no milk. So I used Koolaid instead. I ate the whole bowl . . . it was awful.

.

This is That . . .
.
Joel
1 Blow the trumpet in Zion, And sound an alarm in My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble; For the day of the LORD is coming, For it is at hand: 2 A day of darkness and gloominess, A day of clouds and thick darkness,
.
The question . . .
11 . . . . . .For the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; Who can endure it?
.
The answer . . .
12 “ Now, therefore,” says the LORD, “ Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.” 13 So rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the LORD your God,
.
15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, Consecrate a fast, Call a sacred assembly; 16 Gather the people, Sanctify the congregation, Assemble the elders, Gather the children and nursing babes;
.
Tell them this . . .
1. The glory of God is coming. For the day of the Lord is great . . . Really good stuff for the people of God. I will pour out My Spirit in those days. 30 “ And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
2. Trouble is coming. . . . . and very terrible . . .
3. God is very merciful, very loving and very kind in the coming "glory" and "trouble".
4. Wholeheartedness is required . . . . rend your heart . . . all of it.
5. Fast and Pray . . . Consecrate a fast, Call a sacred assembly, Gather the people.
.
I would encourage you to read all of Joel. It is only three chapters.
.
.
.
Elephants

4 comments:

tarah said...

Elephants? I don't get it....and I usually get your humor. Is it not supposed to make sense? I have gotten water in my ears before and never used any elephants to get it out.

Jerry James said...

Elephants have huge ear sucking devices attached to their faces, more commonly known as trunks.
IF you could find an elephant, and IF you could get it to suck your ear - it would work great.
Makes sense to me.

tarah said...

eewwww! I don't want an elephant to suck my ear!!! :-)

McDreamy said...

y'all make me laugh out loud!!