Saturday, July 08, 2006

OK . . . So tell me THIS. How many black dots are there in my last blogs image?
Things are not always as they seem.
.
So they asked Him, saying, “Teacher, but when will these things be? And what sign will there be when these things are about to take place?”
And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived.
Luke 21:7-8
.
The thing about being deceived is that if we are being deceived we don't know we are being deceived or we wouldn't be deceived. So how do we know? There is only one place to look and be sure . . . The Bible. I am saying this because I don't want you to believe anything I say just because I say it. If it doesn't line up with God's word . . . it just isn't so.
Read the Word . . . Study the Word . . . Pray the Word . . . Believe the Word.

.

That . . .
.
I was just driving along, minding my own business, when it happened. Suddenly I was thinking about squirrels. For one thing, I saw a squirrel standing on it's two back feet and realized that they have white tummies. Did you know that?
But more often when I see a squirrel while driving, it's because the squirrel is in the road and in danger of being smashed by my vehicle. Now squirrels live in trees right by the road. You would think they would understand cars and the danger they present and stay out of the road. Likewise, we live right near a road called willful disobedience. It is a broad road that leads to death. You would think we would understand the danger that road of sin represents and stay on the narrow road that leads to life.
As my car approaches the squirrel, confusion sets in. He runs that way, then this way, then changes his mind and runs the other way and winds up running in circles . . . finally narrowly escaping being squashed - or NOT. It is best to never choose that road as a place to play, but if we find ourselves there and find ourselves in a dangerous place, we need to decide even now that we will make a straight exit to safety, into the arms of Jesus.

Now that was kind of this, and this was kind of that, so I'm going to just say this was that and stop here.
.
There are no dots.

2 comments:

McDreamy said...

i love how thought provoking your posts are. and yet funny. once again, good stuff.

p said...

Jerry write, write, write . . . Yeah! I love the rhythm of your writing and the way it flows. The depths of the truths you uncover strike my mind in a palatable way. You challenge me to write more elegantly. Write, write, write . . . Yeah!