Wednesday, September 20, 2006

This . . .
OK, I have been away for a few days, but I'm back and still no one has told me how many joints they have in their toes. I'm guessing you peeked and still didn't know and are just ashamed of your toe ignorance . . . or more likely - you just really don't care. Nothing worse than toe apathy.

That . . .
IHOP had a great anniversary for 7 years of 24/7 worship and intercession. I loved being there and hearing all about the beginnings. Great stories of keeping the fire of intercession burning. They knew that it would be small, hard and ugly, but very pleasing to God. Some really funny stuff happened from worship leaders throwing-up between songs to playing guitars with gloves on because of two weeks without electricty in sub-freezing weather.

This is That . . .
It is not easy to pray. That is the stumbling block of answering a call for believers to pray. We are willing to read books on prayer, have discussions about prayer and talk about how important prayer is, but still not ever pray. Now I know "we pray", but for the most part it is just not what it should be. Prayer is not about us getting God's attention. You know, coming up with the right scripture and the right words so God will finally get up and do something. NO. It is about God getting our attention, and filling our spirits with His word, His will, His desires, so that His love moves us and our love moves Him.
So what are we to do?
.
Easy answer . . . PRAY.

1 comment:

Tom Mills said...

Jerry, this isn't a comment on toe joints or prayer -- just a heart felt thank you for your kindness related to the transition my mom and dad, sisters and I are all going through.
Blessings my brother!