Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Does anyone know how to get rid of the big blank space above and move my blog to the top? It is really annoying me!
.
This . . .
My neighbors have a tree limb in their yard. It might be more accurate to say a branch leaning toward a twig. My mom could easily pick it up.
The reason it is interesting is . . . that it has been there for about six weeks. The neighbors yard is neatly mowed and landscaped. The branch is easily seen from our kitchen sink window, so we see it and think of it often. When the person they hire, mows their yard, he always just moves the branch over a little and mows around it. I am interested to see whether it ever gets picked up and carried off, or just shrivels up and disintegrates. I think I'll put a nice red ribbon on it.
.
That . . .
Holy Moley, Batman!
.
This is That . . .
Take a moment to meditate on the word "Holy". What does that word mean? Can we choose to be holy? What makes something holy? What makes a place holy? What makes a people holy? How do you keep a day holy? Can we be holy like God is holy?
.
Exodus 20:8
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Leviticus 19:2
You shall be holy, for I the LORD your God am holy.
Deuteronomy 14:2
For you are a holy people to the LORD your God
I Samuel 2:2
No one is holy like the LORD
Isaiah 6:3
And one cried to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!"
Habakkuk 2:20
But the LORD is in His holy temple.
I Peter 1:15
but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct
I Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation
Revelation 4:8
Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!”
.
Three strikes and your out. Three holies, and your God. (I don't have a clue what that means, I just thought it and typed it).
.
The Bible talks about the Holy Spirit, a holy thing, a holy day, a holy offering, holy garments, a holy place, a tithe that is holy to the Lord, holy water, a holy congregation, the Most Holy Place, the Holy One of Israel, His holy name, the holy hill of Zion, the Holy City, holy angels, a holy kiss, and alot more holies.
.
Holy Cow!

1 comment:

tarah said...

We have talked a lot about holiness in my class I'm taking right now. Holy means "wholly other", "totally apart from", and "separate". So God's holiness is the fact that He is nothing like us. He is completely "other than" we are. We are more like an ant than we are like God because humans and ants were both created. God is completely different in a good way. He is totally holy (other than) in His wisdom, love, mercy, wrath, sovereignty, righteousness and purity.
I believe that things and places are holy because God establishes them as holy. I believe certain things are holy because God has already (the ground where Moses was standing) or desires to dwell in them (items in the tabernacle). He will only fully dwell amongst holiness. Many people died in the bible becuase they treated holy things inappropriately. This is because of God's zealous jealousy to dwell with His people and His standard to only dwell among holiness.

That's enough of my babbling.

ps - Dad - the verse we were talking about is Hag 2:12 - paraphrased: if holy things touch unholy things they are not made holy. (they are actually defiled.)