Saturday, October 21, 2006


The Twig Lives

This . . .

Don't ever give up on a twig. If you think there is no hope - that the branch is gone - that surely chopping, tossing and burning has taken place - that the "fat branchey" is singing . . . think again!
It turns out that "the branch" in the neighbors yard was not annialated as I thought, but only moved to another spot in the yard, namely the "in progress flower garden" right in front of the house, where it is easily seen every time I drive up the driveway. Somehow, seeing this small branch again, has caused my hope to be renewed.
So the saga continues. What will happen to this seemingly insignificant piece of fallen tree?
I'll keep you posted. In the mean time, never give up . . . things are not always as they seem.
.
That . . .
I mowed the yard today. It started out without incident, but got more exciting towards the end.
At first, there were no neighbors in site. As I was mowing, I was thinking, "how could this mow job be worthy of blog?"
Then the mother and two dogs came out of the neighbors house. I was dissapointed that the others remained inside, not thinking it was worth it to venture out. (Their loss.) The mom seemed to be totally ignoring me, but the two dogs were watching my every move with tails wagging in eager anticipation.
The weather was pretty nice, with only a couple of non-threatening clouds.
Then it happened. As I came around the house, and towards the front yard, out of the sky, a bolt of lightning came out of nowhere and struck a tree just as I mowed past. The flash was blinding and the sound deafening. My every hair stood on end - literally. Of course the dogs went absolutely biserck as I jumped off of the mower screaming, "I've been hit!"
NO WAY! You might say.
And you would be right. I just made that all up. But wouldn't it have been cool if it had really happened that way?
.
This is That . . .
I am looking forward to church tomorrow. It is always a great blessing to meet with like-minded believers and go hard after the things of God with wholeheartedness. While private Bible study, prayer and worship are certainly beneficial, there is something special about sharing in all of those things with others.
I heard a good definition of worship this week. Here it is.
"Worship is anything you do to love God back".
.
So . . . I encourage you to "love Him back" in church tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jerry James said...

10 being perfect cool, are you saying I am presently a 0? Ouch.