Wednesday, October 11, 2006

This . . .
A little boy was watching his mother put cold cream on her face.
"Mommy, why are you putting that stuff on your face?", he asked.
"To make myself beautiful", she replied.
The little boy continued to watch and soon his mother began to take off the cold cream.
"Did you give up, mommy?
.

That . . .
I got a "Holiday Greeting Card" catalog in the mail today. Out of around 300 choices, the word Christmas was used about twice and a manger scene maybe three times. There was one with a scripture verse on the front.
I googled "Christmas Cards" and found the top site offered about the same. One of the cards was labeled, "Christian Christmas Card". That is pathetic. Thankfully they didn't have any "Mooney Christmas Cards".
I am not going to belabor this, but may I suggest . . . if you are a Christian, and you send out Christmas cards, make it a card that will serve as a witness to what you believe about Jesus.
.
This is That . . .
Why are we so afraid of offending someone by saying to them, "Jesus is the only way to heaven". It seems harsh to say, "Unless you receive Jesus as your saviour, you will go to hell when you die". I fear that we often let our brains fall out in the name of being open minded.
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me". It is important for believers to boldly procaim the truth. Maybe imparative would be a better word.
I have said before that it is going to get harder and harder to sit on a fence and be lukewarm. If we cannot boldly confess Christ in our present "relatively unthreatening" circumstances, how do you think we might do in the face of much higher stakes? The good thing is, I think we will do better than we think.
.
Now I am sitting here wondering whether or not I should click the publish button. Sometimes I offend myself, but I guess that is ok.
.
Click.

No comments: