Monday, December 11, 2006

I w This . . .
Anyone ever have a gall bladder attack or known someone who did? Ouch! Very full of pain. Major no fun. Well, I experienced extreme pain Saturday night - all night. It was 10:00 when it started and I kept thinking this will go away soon. At 11:00 I was quoting scripture, "Joy cometh in the morning. " Looked at the clock, it was 11:02. Then I thought, "His mercies are new every morning." I was thinking, if only I can make it till morning, this will pass. Looked at the clock . . . 11:05. Turn over. Turn over again. Walk to the den, sit in the chair. Walk around, lie down on the couch . . . 11:22. Drink soda water, vomit for a couple of hours - 1:22. Took a hot bath - 4:22. That helped a little. 5:22 another hot bath. Finally 8:00 a.m. I got mom up and she took me to ER. Took quite a while to get a shot in the buttocks - YES! Got home at 10:00. wobbled in to my bed, and slept til 5:00 it was getting dark - the pain was gone. Got up and ate a bowl of soup. Went back to bed at 7:00 and slept til 5:00 a.m. - went to work. WOW, what a night. I got some blood work done today and will get an ultra sound tomorrow. We will see.
.
That . . .
I hope that wasn't too graphic. There is always "a little humor" in an episode like that . . . after it is over, and keep in mind only a "little" humor.
.
This is That . . .
One good thing about pain. It feels soooo good when it is gone. Joy did come in the morning. I have never been so happy to have someone stick a needle in my rear end. Maybe a better prayer would have been for wisdom to get to the ER much sooner. God IS good. His mercies ARE new every morning. He loves me no matter what, and I love Him.
A friend emailed me from Texas today. She said she woke up Sunday morning just thinking about me. She wrote a very encouraging word, not knowing what I was going thru. Like I said . . . God is good.

No comments: