Sunday, December 17, 2006

This . . .
I hear IHOP had a baptism service last night. Or maybe not. I don't know . . . that's just what I keep hearing.
.
That . . .
I worked all day today and got a whole bunch done, but still have a lot of catching up to do. Thought I might just not take any more pain pills, but then changed my mind and took two.
The good thing is that my gallbladder doesn't hurt. Is anyone headed to LR Tuesday evening? I need to see the doctor on Wednesday and pick up my car and drive it home. I have plenty of places I can stay.
.
This is That . . .
Intercession takes work. There is so much to pray for and about, and it really matters. It takes time and effort, but prayer really does change things. Just for instance . . . the Bible says that the eyes of unbelievers are blinded from the truth. It is not hard to figure out who or what might be the cause of this blinding. There are many things that keep a person from coming to Christ, like free will, but it certainly doesn't help to be blinded from the truth by satan and/or his demons. Jesus defeated satan on the cross. All authority has been given to Him by the Father. As believers we are sons and daughters and joint heirs with Christ. We have been instructed to cast out demons. We can't do God's part and he won't do ours. I say this Christmas lets enter into warfare for ourselves and our families. It's a little radical to talk to a demon and tell him to get out in Jesus name, but what if there really is a demon, and he really takes a hike! Very Cool!
Try getting away by yourself where no one can hear (alone time in the car is a good place) and use the authority of Jesus to just whack on a few demons. By the way, you don't need to yell, although it's ok if you want to. The power is not in the volume, but in the power of God thru the authority of Jesus. A whisper of faith is all it takes, but if you want to yell . . . ok do that.
Not all problems involve demons, but we know that Satan is busy lying, stealing and attempting to destroy good stuff, because the Bible says so. If you cast a demon out that is not even there, I think God would still be smiling, and if the demon is there, he has to get out because Jesus is your brother and all authority has been given to Him . . . and to us when we declare a thing in His name.
Lets clear the air. We are children of the King.

No comments: