Tuesday, December 26, 2006

This . . .
I'm blogging tonight more out of "I feel like I need to" than inspiration. Bummer.
.
That . . .
Christmas was good. Everything went well except the "Christmas Eve Gift" thing. What was I thinking? I only got three people out of eleven and that counts Elijah and he can't even talk. If you don't know what "Christmas Eve Gift" is all about, check out my daughter Tarah's blog at http://www.proclaimingtruth.blogspot.com/
I have had trouble just really "loving" Christmas the way I used to. Having the family all home is great, the traditions are wonderful (we have some really great family traditions), the food is overwhelmingly delicious, and the gift giving and receiving is fun, but there is always a bit of emptiness when it is all said and done. A kind of "there must be more than this" feeling. Is it just me? or do some of you experience this as well.
.
This is That . . .
I am looking forward to another year. I want to continue to lean in to God's heart. There is nothing as important as knowing Him.
About 30 years ago, I wrote a song. I was completely sincere when I wrote it, only somewhere along the way I lost my "wholeheartedness". I kind of half gave up on a lot of things . . . not a good thing. Here are the words:
What can I do, to show my love for you?
Where can I go? What can I say?
I love you so, and I want you to know . . .
Wherever you send me, I will go.
That is still my prayer. What can I do? Where can I go? What can I say?
One day, when I see Jesus face to face I would like for Him to say to me, "You are one who loved me. You are one who endured and said yes when I called. You are one that I love".
.
I'm on my way to the "One Thing" conference is KC tomorrow. I want to come home in a few days being "full of it", having encountered God and having some answers to that song I wrote. Whatever God is doing, I want to be in on it and on the front lines.
If you get God TV, I think they are going to have a live feed of some of the "One Thing" sessions. I know you can watch God TV on the internet at http://www.god.tv/US/
I pray for each of you, "that God would give to you the gift of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus".

No comments: