Tuesday, December 19, 2006

This . . .
Mom and I were wrapping gifts tonight. She kept saying stuff I have never thought about before. Like: 1. Does this look like the right paper design for this gift? (I always thought the roll with enough paper on it was the right one) 2. Oh, I cut that paper two inches too long, I'll have to trim it. (I didn't think you could have too much. Not enough is a problem, but too much?? Just fold it over and tape it) 3. I don't think this tag looks right (Tag? What's wrong with a majic marker right on the paper?) 4. Here, use some of this gift tissue to make it look pretty. (I like that plastic bubble stuff myself, but I guess tissue paper would work).
.
That . . .
For a minute today I thought it was Wednesday. Oh, NO . . . I'll never make it. Then I realized there was another day in there. Oh, NO . . . I'll never make it.
.
This is That . . .
The International House Of Prayer (IHOP) has a New Years conference every year called One Thing. http://www.ihop.org/PaymentGroup/Registration.aspx?payment_group_id=1000000117
This will be my fourth year to attend. I know it's a young peoples conference, but I just try to sneak in when no ones watching. Not really. Usually there are at least two guys there older than me and they fit right in. They are expecting over 10,000 this year. It will begin Thursday and finish up Sunday with a 12 hour solemn assembley ending at midnight - Then a New Years celebration for an hour or so ending at about 1:oo.
It is a very encouraging and challenging way to finish up the year and start a new one. Our whole family will be there this year, plus some other old friends and some new ones too. Check out the above link and then just get in the car and drive . . . you'll be there before you know it.
.
See you there.

No comments: