Friday, June 01, 2007

The Goofy Elijah Tree

Day 5 . . . II Kings 6
15 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”
16 So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

This . . .
In my spiritual journey, it seems that I often times go out and find an army of the bad kind surrounding me with horses and chariots.
At those times, it is hard not to focus on the "bad whatever it is". I see the mountain and tend to say, "Alas, what shall I do?"
If I could find one of those goofy "Elijah Trees", I would just go get under it and say, "God, I think I'll just die now".
I have been there more than I like these past few years.
That . . .
I want to see all those angels of fire camped around about me, but I wonder if angles even know where Arkansas is. I'm sure they do, but then again I'm not sure they know where I live. Oh, of course they know where I live, don't listen to me.
OPEN MY EYES, GOD!
This is that . . .
God, I believe . . . help my unbelief. Open my eyes and let me see that you are near. Make a way, God, where there seems to be no way. Come again, and lift me up out of the miry clay and set my feet high on a rock.
.
By the way, in the above passage, Elisha winds up taking his enemy home for lunch, just for fun.

No comments: