Sunday, June 24, 2007

Great Prayer Meeting

Day 28 . . . 12 days to go.
.
Here is what I believe about a person who is lost.
It is like they are standing in the middle of the highway with a semi-truck fast approaching. They do not choose to exercise their free will and get out of the way because they are blinded to the truth and can't see the semi coming.
We can't force them to receive Jesus, but we can pray that God will remove the blinders, and then in a moment of clarity they will be able to see the approaching danger and will make the obvious correct choice. No one will remain on that highway if they can see the semi-truck coming with Jesus beckoning them to come to Him.
.
This . . .
I attended a prayer meeting this afternoon with Jan, Alphie, John and Valerie. Somewhere in there, I prayed that if there was anyone present at the evening service who didn't know Jesus, that God would take down the blinders and send a moment of clarity so that the person would be able to see their sin, realize their need of a Saviour, and understand that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
.
That . . .
During the evening meeting, Doug Sherman shared that his father, an 86 year old Jewish man, was ill and in great danger because he didn't know Jesus.
As I continued in worship, I visualized that I was holding Doug's dad in my hand, and was lifting him up to the Lord in prayer.
Then I heard the voice of the enemy say, "He is lost."
In response, I heard another voice scream out, "No!"
And then another intercessor screamed out, "No!" And then another.
I determined that it was time to go to battle for the soul of this elderly Jewish man.
.
This is That . . .
Let this be my testimony of what happened as a small group of people gathered to pray on Sunday evening, June 24, 2007.
As we waited on the Lord, He heard our cries and answered.
The sea was parted and the waters of the river Jordan rolled back.
The trumpet was sounded, and an elderly Jewish man received Jesus as his saviour when the walls of his unbelief crumbled to the ground.
I could see the Calvary (The Lord's Army) come up over a hill on the horizon riding on horses in great numbers. They sounded a trumpet of victory and came and saved the day.
The guy got the girl, and they rode off together into the sunset.
It was a happy ending.
The next morning, as the sun came up, a great mountain had moved from one side of the valley to the other. It was a new day, and nothing would ever be the same.
I prophecy that this will be my testimony of what happened as a small group of people gathered to pray on the evening of Sunday, June 24, 2007.
As we interceed, let faith arise and salvation spring forth in the name of Jesus,
AMEN.
.
If this all seems a bit strange, I would agree.
It seems that way to me too!
Never the less, that's my testimony, and I'm stickin' to it!
As Lily Tomlin used to say . . . "And that's the truth! . . . thblthsbt!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!

Jerry James said...

This Ain't No Disco!