Monday, June 11, 2007

Encouragement

Day 15
.
This . . .
I left my laptop in Little Rock on Sunday and so I am experiencing life without a lap. Please pray for me as I endure this great difficulty.

That . . .
I am really blessed and impacted by the words of this worship song.

Where you go, I go.
What you say, I say.
What you pray, I pray.
What you pray, I pray.

Jesus only did what He saw you do.
He would only say what He heard you speak.
He would only move when He felt you lead.
Following your heart following your Spirit.

How could I expect to walk without you.
When every move that Jesus made was in surrender.
I will not begin to live without you.
For you alone are worthy and you are always good.


God, I long to hear your voice like Jesus did. Teach me to hear your voice. Speak to me like you did to Jesus. And
Jesus . . . I want to be like you. Make me like you.

This is That . . .
From "David Sliker's" blog today.

40 days is a long time.

I, for one, am finding myself in dire need to refocus and set myself again for the next phase of our 40-day fast and not lose momentum. Initial zeal and passion that ignites the heart at the beginning phases of a corporate fast can quickly fade in the midst of something like this. It’s so easy for me to disconnect from the reasons that I said “yes” to this fast in the first place and lose my way a little related to time, energy, and prayer. How tragic to endure a 40-day fast and find that I prayed less not more?

It’s a fight in our weakness to say “yes” to God - not one time, but minute by minute, choice by choice, step by step. I feel like the offer of a lifetime has been extended to me - to participate in a historic fast that in many ways is a continuation of a true historic fast - and yet my mind and my heart are prone to wander. And so it is that I present myself to the Lord again today, asking for fresh grace and power to lay hold of a resolve that is beyond me. I want a resolve that is God-birthed and ignited. I want a fresh zeal to arise within me to lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.

I do not simply want to lay hold of an expression of Christianity - even a “better” one. I want to lay hold of Jesus. And so I press on.

How are you doing today? Let’s go again, together, into the fresh pursuit of His heart and His high calling for our lives.

David

No comments: