Saturday, June 14, 2008

Elliott's Bus Ride

This . . .
My son Elliott rode a Greyhound from KC to Pine Bluff yesterday. Not a great way to travel. He switched buses in Fayettville and when he got on everyone was giving him that "don't sit by me" look.
But a 45 or 50 year old lady finally gave him the nod so he sat down.
The first thing she said to him was "You've go alot of hair, boy!"
She asked him what he did, so he told her a little bit about praying in the night watch at IHOP.
Her response, "I think God made you sit with me."
She went on to tell him that she had just gotten out of prison after twenty six years. She kept saying, "You are so wierd."
Elliott asked her, "How long have you been out of prision?"
She answered, "Since 11:00 this morning".
Elliott shared his story with her a little bit and encouraged her to put her faith in Jesus.
Her response? "Wait til I tell my daughter, the Lord done sat me down next to a man of God!"
That's my son, Elliott - "A Man of God".
.
That . . .
I went to the grocery this morning and bought some strawberries and potatoes. The clerk rang it up and then said, "That will be $6.66." I hate when that happens.
.
This is That . . .
Sin abounds.
The earth is groaning.
Fires. Tornadoes. Earthquakes. Floods.
.
Matthew 24:3-14
3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you.
5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.
6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.
10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.
11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

No comments: