Sunday, June 29, 2008

Innertubes, Bottoms and the Millennium

This . . .
My pet, Miller wasn't outside my window Friday night. I think he must have heard about that "smush" comment I made. I didn't mean to upset him, I was just being honest.
.
That . . .
I went to Wild River Country yesterday with Nathan, Amy, Elijah and Lucy. Here are a few thoughts about that.
.
Lucy is really cute, so I noticed a lot of people looking our way while I was holding her. One little guy came up and said, "You have a cute baby". That was fun.
.
Eli and I rode down a small chute in a innertube. It was really two tubes put together. The front tube (for the little one) has a bottom in it. The back tube (for the big one) has no bottom except when I put my big one in it.
The ride down was great, but after reaching the bottom (no pun intended) I had problems. It seems that I couldn't get out.
So I called 911 and said,
"Help! My bottoms in a tube and I can't get out!"
Help arrived and my bottom was most ungracefully removed. There were five or six hundred people just standing around pointing, gawking and laughing.
Eli's response? "Let's do it again".
.
We were all in the wave pool for awhile. Lucy was so excited and so happy I figured she might just release some massive, overjoyed, flying luminaries at any moment. Never a still moment and nothing but wide mouthed giggles and smiles.
.
I spent most of the time there without having my glasses on which left me about half blind. That turned out to be a good thing. With all the different half naked body shapes running around, being mostly blind wasn't so bad. There were alot of bodies no one would ever want to see, and then a bunch of others that would just be better not to see.
It was all a blur to me.
.
This is That . . .
I heard parts of two great messages from the IHOP Fascinate Conference this weekend.
That is a new House of Prayer conference for High Schoolers.
Friday night was Allan Hood - Wow.
Saturday night was David Sliker - another Wow.
The subject was about the 1000 year millennial reign of Christ. If you are like me, you don't have much of a grid for things after this present age, ie the millennium and eternity.
Is the Kingdom of God mostly for now, or mostly for then?
The answer - mostly both.
The hope we have for the "future promises" of God gives great encouragement for faith concerning the "present promises" of God.
Now we see thru a mirror dimly, but then face to face.
It's not just about "going to heaven", but about heaven coming down to earth.

More to come.

No comments: