Tuesday, June 17, 2008

LaLa Land?

This . . .
Do you remember the quote, "You can do it!"
What movie did that come from?
.
One time I was driving home thru my neighborhood, when I saw this girl I knew walking down the street in front of me. I decided it would be fun to slow up, roll down the window and let out a loud "wolf whistle" while she still couldn't see who I was.
So that's what I did. She wasn't the girl I thought she was.
.
That . . .
People are being driven from their homes on the west coast by fires.
The temperatures are above 110.
There are floods in Iowa and surrounding areas.
.
That's all bad, but get this.
Myanmar Cyclone Disaster - May 2&3, 2008
3 million victims
2-3 million homeless
2 million lack of food
1.5 million in danger of death
0.5 million Children
Over 100,000 confirmed death
.
This is That . . .
.
Here we are, kind of oblivious in Southeast Arkansas.
Are we just living right? Could be.
Are we just lucky? Maybe.
Are we responding properly? Probably not.
.
Sometimes things are good. What meanest thou this?
Sometimes things are not good. What meanest thou this?
If I'm in LaLa Land - I don't wanna be.
.
"The Longest Yard"
.

No comments: