Friday, June 27, 2008

My Friend Miller


.
This . . .
.
There was a moth outside my bedroom window last night.
He was there again tonight.
I think I have a pet moth.
.
We used to call moths millers, so that's what I'm going to call him . . . Miller.
.
That . . .
.
It is good that "Miller" is outside the window.
I have a tendancy to smush moths when they are inside.
.
This is That . . .
.
I am reading a book called "The Shack". It's about a guy, "Mack" who in the midst of great loss and heartache, struggles with believing that God is good.
In the book, God is a large black woman named "Papa". Jesus is Jesus. Sarayu is the Holy Spirit and Sophia is wisdom.
There is much thought provoking conversation between all the characters.
At one point Mack asks God to forgive him.
God's response, " . . . did that a long time ago. If you don't believe me, ask Jesus. He was there."
Another good quote from Papa on the same page, "My love is a lot bigger than your stupidity."
.
This book by William P. Young will likely make quite a run through the body of Christ. It's a good one.

No comments: